Enjoy a day to remember at Norwich Cathedral by creating your own itinerary from our group visits menu.
Choose from our selection of guided tours, which last 45 minutes and cost £5.00 per head. Examples of subjects covered in our specialist guided tours include:
- The Cathedral Close – an introduction to the history and buildings of England’s largest Cathedral close.
- Norwich’s Medieval Roof Bosses – discover some of the over 1,000 roof bosses set high in the vaults of the Cathedral Nave and Cloister, illustrating some of the best-loved Bible stories.
- The Stained Glass Windows – a tour of the wonderful stained glass that adorns the Cathedral, which ranges for the medieval period to the present day.
- Monuments, Sculptures and Misericords – explore some of the more interesting, surprising and unusual features of the Cathedral.
- The Chapels & Treasury – along side the main worship spaces, the Cathedral has a number of smaller chapels, each with their own story, along a wonderful collection of silverware from churches across Norfolk.
- The Library – a chance to see one of the less visited parts of the Cathedral, with an introduction to the Cathedral’s historic collection as well as some of the less seen views of the Cathedral.
As part of your visit the Refectory Cafe can provide your group with refreshments. Ranging from simple tea and biscuits (from £2.10 per head), to a tasty lunch (such as Quiche of the Day served with salad and new potatoes at £4.95 per head), right through to Afternoon Tea, served on vintage china, at £9.95 per head.
The Cathedral Gift Shop offers a unique selection of locally sourced gifts and as part of the group visit experience there are a number of gift pack options available. One example is the Cathedral Gifts Pack with Mug, Fridge Magnet and Postcard included. Another is the Cathedral Foods Pack with Chocolate Chip Shortbread, Clotted Cream Fudge Bag, Fruit Preserve and Tea included. Both packs are available at £10 per head.
Why not end your visit to Norwich Cathedral by joining us for Evensong sung by the Cathedral Choir. Evensong is one of the great treasures of the Church and has been sung daily for hundreds of years in the Cathedral, going right back to the time when this Cathedral church was at the heart of a Benedictine monastery. For more information about forthcoming services, please see our Worship, Services and Music Calendar.
Whatever you choose, we promise that you’ll receive a very warm welcome! To discuss your group visit, and for further information about the options available, please contact our Receptionist & PA to the Estates Manager.