Norwich Cathedral and Close have provided a range of different interior and exterior locations for films and TV. Recent appearances include the films, Jack the Giant Slayer and Dean Spanley, and TV programmes The Antiques Roadshow, The Mill on the Floss and How to build a Cathedral.
- Iconic Norman architecture
- Atmospheric monastic Cloister
- 44 acres of Cathedral Close with its own village greens
- The Close is private property so we can control the traffic
- The external and internal appearance of The Close is tightly regulated (eg no satellite dishes outside and lots of period features inside the buildings).
The Close can be anything from a street scene of different periods, to a cottage, to a playing field, to stables. Take a look at the 360 degree tour of the Cathedral Close reproduced here by kind permission of Spheriscope. If you mentally erase the parked cars, it is easy to step back in time.
Find out more
To learn more about what we can offer as a film location, please contact Phil Thomas.