The Friends of Norwich Cathedral is an independent charity, founded in 1930, to be a network of supporters of Norwich Cathedral and to help maintain its fabric.
The Friends organise regular events for members to attend, including talks and social occasions. These are primarily for Friends but non-members are always welcome if there are places available. You’ll find details about forthcoming events in the What's On section.
Membership starts at just £20.00 a year for an individual member. You’ll find further information about joint, life and other memberships within our membership application form.
As well as contributing towards the upkeep of the Cathedral, as a Friend you will;
- Receive a 10% discount in the Norwich Cathedral Gift Shop and Refectory cafe.
- Have the opportunity to participate in a varied annual programme of events, including inspiring talks from guest speakers, and visits to places of interest.
- Be sent the Friends’ Annual Report, Autumn Newsletter and full details of future events, as well as regular e-newsletter updates from Norwich Cathedral.
- Have access to limited free Saturday parking in The Close, on request.
- Enjoy belonging to an active community of like-minded people, and maybe make new friends.
Where your membership fee goes
Tens of thousands of people visit Norwich Cathedral each year to worship, celebrate its history and marvel at its beauty. The Friends' support the Dean and Chapter by giving funds specifically for the maintenance of the building and help to fund new development projects.
The Friends have generously supported many projects over the years, including the building of the Hostry and Refectory. Current and future work includes contributing towards the restoration of the Cloisters, as well as to the Cathedral’s lighting and organ projects.
How to sign up
Please download, complete and return a Friends of Norwich Cathedral Application Form. Hard copies are available at the Cathedral or on request from the Friends Secretary.
Friends of Norwich Cathedral
65 The Close
t: 01603 218317
Registered Charity No. 249460